Highlights: NN Monthly Insights
Highland Valley Elder Services Home Care
Programs and Services
On March 8 and April 12, Highland Valley Elder Service (HVES) Associate Director Valerie D’Aquisto presented information about the organization's many valuable programs and services to NN Monthly Insights’ attendees. Here’s a recap of some of HVES’ wide range of programs and services that enable older adults to remain safely in their homes:
* Options Counseling – A series of consultation visits by a trained options counselor available to older adults and their caregivers regarding programs and resources available to help them meet their goals.
* Home Care Program – A range of programs and services available to people 60 and older (or younger than 60 with a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s/related dementias) who meet need-based eligibility. Service cost is based on income.
* Nutrition Program – Home delivered meals and community dining sites throughout the HVES service area.
* Protective Services – Short-term counseling, intervention, advocacy, and information and referrals for older adults who may be abused, neglected, or at risk. The Elder Abuse Hotline is available 24hrs/7days to take calls. Reports remain anonymous.
* Money Management Program and Benefits Counseling and Application Assistance Program – Assistance to low-income older adults who have difficulty managing financial affairs and need help applying for non-health-related public benefits.
* Family Caregiver Program – A range of services to support the needs of family caregivers.
* Serving Health Information Needs of Everyone (SHINE) – Free health insurance information and counseling for MA residents.
* Transportation Concierge – Information and transportation schedules for older adults throughout the HVES service area.
Anyone can access services or information by calling HVES’ information and referral department or by completing an online referral. To learn more about these and other HVES services, visit highlandvalley.org
, or contact them at 413-586-2000 or email@example.com
. To report suspected elder abuse, please call 1-800-922-2275.